Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Model 19s on ebay

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7139&rd=1&rd=1

    This are not my listing but I am thinking of bidding on them. What do you think about condition (esp woofers)? Is this factory construction or modified in some way (note the fuses mounted in front of the woofers)? What would be a fair price?

    Thanks very much.

    John

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    The HF sculpted foam inserts are missing, so if you can't find any, then I recommend using some 1" fiberglass insulation and you can lightly dust them with matte black paint if it's visible through the grills.

    The dings in the woofer's motor combined with the added fusing makes me wonder just how these were used/cared for. Bummer that my car isn't drivable or I'd go scope them out. forums

    GM

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a guy who makes those foam inserts. He sells them periodically on eBay.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    So there is: [email protected]

    GM

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Paul Darst makes a great foam reproduction for the 19's. If you look closely at my avatar you may be able to see one. And, in my experience, they do make a sonic difference especially with respect to imaging.

    Just my two cents. Maybe less.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member intotubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow. The price of these things is out of hand.
    I just need a few more parts and I can build a set. Would love to have an original but 1.5K is out of my price range.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like the cabinets are factory - appear to be in walnut.

    The fuses (a STUPID idea IMHO) are an add-on...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well said MR. Gonzo

    well said

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I second that. Without a doubt they're a bargain in today's dollars.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Steve Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I realize that the long time members here have a better handle on the going rate for some M19's than I do, but I have to say that for $1500-2000, you are still getting a world class speaker. I've watched the prices steadily climb for the raw drivers and crossovers the past year and it's only going to get worse. The price to ship a pair any distance is really what keeps the price as low as it is because you have to plug in $4/500 to the final price to ship 'em. With Bill at GPA's continued support for driver replacement/parts, I think that they are a bargin. With some how-to tips and patience, you can bring them up to like-new condition and enjoy them for the rest of your life. I have a pair of ESS AMT-1D's that I need grilles for. I tried to contact ESS in Sacramento, CA for availability, only to find that ESS-USA was sold to a German Co. and their slightly updated ESS AMT-1E version is selling for $4,450--$3000.00 MORE than the last U.S. made "D" version! The big speakers are getting parted out because the parts are worth more than the whole and easier to get rid of. You can get 416 recone kits for about $80 a piece, the diaphragms are reasonable too. I say if you can drive to pick them up, get 'em and never look back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.